Global Financial Group with total assets of more than $2.6 trillion is looking to hire a Contract Front office Java developer for its Broker Dealer Arm.
The seasoned Java Developer is required to join a Global Broker Dealer firms front office development team. The Successful Java developer will be responsible for building out the in-house credit trading platform. The Java developer will be part of a Global development team based in the US and London, UK.
The ideal Java Developer will have a number of years commercial experience, in a front office environment working on Trading platforms. The successful Java Developer will need to display an ability to work in a pressurised environment and ideally have knowledge of Fixed Income, particularly in rates and credits and also good general financial markets knowledge.
- Core java, Swing/Java fx and other Java gui technologies, 5+ years of experience
- Experience developing multi-threaded, low latency applications
- Working knowledge of databases, Microsoft sql server preferred
- Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
- Good knowledge of test driven development and experience using agile development practices
- Knowledge and appreciation of automated unit testing
- Good understanding of object oriented methodologies, design patterns and best practice
Notwithstanding the above skill set, it would also be advantageous but not a necessity for candidates to have experience in the following areas:
- Experience using JUnit
- Experience using Eclipse
- Experience using SVN/Version Control
- Knowledge of ION.net, Marketview, ion's trading gateways and awareness of the trade lifecycle
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg
PLEASE RESPOND IMMEDIATELY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED - NO 3RD PARTIES PLEASE