About Our Client
My client is in the process of reinventing the way the credit system works. Approximately 100 million U.S. consumers are blocked out of the credit system and inexplicably exclude minorities, young people and immigrants. They have created a new credit system one that brings ease and clarity to a product in sore need of consumer-friendly innovation.
About the team
Based in Downtown Manhattan, our client has combined top engineering talent from places like MIT, Berkeley, and Stanford and paired them with financial experts from Lazard and JPMorgan Chase to shake up the industry.
About the role
They are looking for an exceptional engineer who is looking for the chance to help build the future. Someone with a wide variety of skills related to software engineering, and who is looking for the opportunity to transition into a leadership role.
- 3+ years of JS experience, including concepts like asynchronous programming, closures, types, and ES6
- 3+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- 3+ years experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
What we'd like to see:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- You're familiar with tools like React, Redux, Webpack, Babel, SCSS, Flask, Postgres, and AWS.
- You have a strong desire to learn and you are excited to have the opportunity to build a new product from day zero.
- You have a successful track record of building scaleable front-end applications and deploying them to production.
- You're interested in optimizing user experience and design.
- You might have open source contributions and a public github showcasing projects.
- Build products that will reshape an industry and improve the lives of our users in a meaningful way.
- You'll work closely with our rock star designers (the talent behind Square)
- Competitive salaries and equity compensation at a fast-growing early-stage company.