This Top Tier Bank is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, with a strong presence in Investment Banking, Corporate Banking and Private Banking. Despite its size, the Financial Crime function has held on to its excellent culture, having built up a robust function due to strong endorsement from senior leadership. Attrition is low and staff satisfaction high. Given the investment being made into the Financial Crime department you will gain unrivalled exposure to complex regulatory matters, offering you strong professional development opportunities.
This a broad and dynamic role where you will be responsible for assessing current Financial Crime risk, controls and frameworks (including policy) globally across the equities business and providing advisory to the business on current controls and improvements. The successful candidate will be a Financial Crime SME supporting the Markets business supporting Equities in Front Office and be a Global Advisor to Markets Operations. The role will develop an oversight of all Financial Crime risks within the markets business globally.
Your responsibilities will specifically include:
- Develop on-going strategic direction and enhancements to Financial Crime risk inherent in the Markets business lines
- Contribute and support the implementation and oversight of AML policy and governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance
- Provide input into projects to enhance the monitoring of the Markets product range, in particular the products generated through the Equities Asset class and those products delivered through the Markets Operations function including transaction monitoring techniques
- This role sits across a global team and will give the successful candidate wider exposure to senior stakeholders across the business worldwide
- Provide advice and support on Financial Crime matters to Wholesale senior management, the Wholesale Global Financial Crime Team, and others as relevant.
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- 6 years + experience in Investment Banking Financial Crime Advisory experience is essential
- Significant knowledge and experience of Financial Crime, including Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions and dealing with regulatory matters
- Payments experience including SWIFT is desirable
- Markets advisory experience would be beneficial
- Equities experience would be a bonus but is not essential
- Good commercial awareness and ability to establish and maintain strong collaborative partnerships is essential
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills
- High level of professional and personal integrity
- Demonstrable track record in top-tier global bank
- Good understanding of the financial markets
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Marmoy-Haynes, Financial Crime Compliance Recruitment Consultant at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance and Regulatory Compliance mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.