In contrast to many of its competitors, this Investment Bank is one of a few large global institutions that is benefitting from substantial growth across Europe at the moment, making it a very exciting and interesting time to join.
Headcount has increased significantly over the last 5 years as they continue to take market-share and expand operations into new areas. However, they have taken care to ensure their excellent culture has not been affected; staff satisfaction is something at the top of this Investment Bank's agenda, offering an excellent work life balance, down-to-earth culture and a friendly working environment.
This role has responsibility to lead the Financial Crime Monitoring team, including developing and implementing the monitoring plan regionally, managing a team of up to 10 people and building of relationships with global stakeholders.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for leading a team of AVPs and VPs within the Financial Crime Monitoring team
- Working closely with the management team across Compliance, Risk and Financial Crime to identify strategy and execute monitoring and review activities
- Consulting with wider senior management and regional stakeholders to drive a culture of risk management, making recommendations to the business and identifying solutions to complex Financial Crime issues
- Reporting findings from Financial Crime Reviews and drafting recommendations
- Provide advice, guidance and support on matters relating to Financial Crime including KYC/customer due diligence, sanctions, suspicious activity and fraud
To be considered for this job, the following experience is essential:
- Solid previous experience within Audit, Monitoring or Assurance within a Compliance, Operational Risk or Financial Crime function
- Previous management experience
- Strong knowledge of Financial Crime issues including KYC/customer due diligence, sanctions, suspicious activity and fraud
- Experience managing audit or monitoring teams
- Business awareness - understanding of wholesale banking activities and requirements
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Marmoy-Haynes at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance & Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.