THE BANK - ASSET SECURITY SERVICES & CUSTODIAN
This Top Tier Bank is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, with a strong presence in Investment Banking, Corporate Banking and Private Banking. This role sits within the Security Services arm, part of the Custodian Business. Despite its size, the Financial Crime function has held on to its excellent culture, having built up a robust function due to strong endorsement from senior leadership. Given the investment being made into the Financial Crime department you will gain unrivalled exposure to complex regulatory matters, offering you strong professional development opportunities.
This a broad and dynamic role where you will be responsible for assessing current Financial Crime risk, controls and frameworks globally across the Security Services business and providing advice to senior stakeholders and Regional Financial Crime leads.
Your responsibilities will specifically include:
- Oversee the engagement between Global Investment Banking Financial Crime and relevant stakeholders within the Security Services Business, Operational Risk, and Regional heads.
- Act as a trusted advisor to the business by having a thorough understanding of the particular Financial Crime risks that present within the Security Services Business.
- Responsibility for advising and assisting management with the governance and oversight of the Investment Banking Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Sanctions, and Anti Bribery & Corruption (ABC) policies, procedures, methodology and governance on a global basis.
- Act as subject matter expert providing advice and guidance to Management on driving an understanding of the high residual risks across the Investment Bank globally and the control frameworks applicable.
- Take responsibility for ensuring regular and effective communication to Global Products with regards to changes in Financial Crime policies, procedures, and any identified emerging Financial Crime risks and trends.
- Take responsibility for ensuring regular and effective communication to Global Product areas on Programme / Project change activity being led by the 2nd line of defence.
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- Strong Financial Crime experience obtained from experience working for a Custodian, Corporate Trust, Loan or Security Services Company
- Financial Crime Advisory experience is essential along with significant knowledge and experience of Financial Crime, including Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions and dealing with regulatory matters
- Payments experience including SWIFT is desirable
- Good commercial awareness and ability to establish and maintain strong collaborative partnerships is essential
- Strong communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills
- An understanding of Investment Banking industry and related products is highly desirable
- High level of professional and personal integrity
- Demonstrable track record in top-tier global bank
- Good understanding of the financial markets
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Marmoy-Haynes, Financial Crime Compliance Recruitment Consultant at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance and Regulatory Compliance mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.