In contrast to many of its competitors, this Investment Bank is one of a few large global institutions that is benefiting from substantial growth across Europe at the moment, making it a very exciting and interesting time to join.
Headcount has increased significantly over the last 5 years as they continue to take market-share and expand operations into new areas. However, they have taken care to ensure their excellent culture has not been affected; staff satisfaction is something at the top of this Investment Bank's agenda, offering an excellent work life balance, down-to-earth culture and a friendly working environment.
Due to business demand, a new role has been created to support the UK Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and assist with the management of Financial Crime Risk. This role reports directly to the MLRO and covers Financial Crime Advisory and policy work in line with regulatory requirements.
- Assist the UK MLRO in the day to day management of Financial Crime and Risk Management activities and projects to develop and enhance the UK Financial Crime program.
- Provide Financial Crime Advisory subject matter expertise services to projects which impact upon the UK Financial Crime program and support the development of the UK Financial Crime framework.
- Liaise with various support departments including Compliance, Risk, Operations and Legal as necessary regarding AML/CTF and other regulatory requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise services based on EU and UK Financial Crime Regulation, legislation and Regulatory guidance.
- Contribute to UK and EMEA-wide procedures, policies and programs to describe controls and processes required to meet legal and regulatory money laundering obligations within the UK and the EU (where required) and the broader Financial Crimes Risk Management Function.
- With the FCP Manager, establish and maintain appropriate follow-up, escalation and management reporting processes.
- Assist with preparation for internal and external audits and regulatory exams/audits.
- AML/CFT and Financial Sanctions experience essential
- SME knowledge of the UK Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and UK Financial Crime legislation, JMLSG 2018, the Fourth EU Money Laundering Directive and FCA Regulatory Guidance and Standards
- Experience of providing UK Financial Crime advisory services and subject matter expertise to projects and multiple stakeholders including Financial Crime teams, multiple lines of business and to Legal Counsel within a UK FCA regulated entity.
- Experience of analysis and gap assessment of Corporate policies and procedures against UK and EU Legislation and Regulatory Guidance and Standards.
- LCOI Credential required, ICA or ACAMS welcome.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and presentation) skills and organisational abilities are essential with an ability to liaise professionally and with diplomacy across all levels of staff in clear and succinct manner.
- Strong ability to manage multiple requests for information and handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
- Candidate should be IT literate - including Microsoft Project, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and other reporting tools but also able to understand use of technology for improving the regulatory control environment.