A world class, high profile financial services organisation are on the hunt for an exceptional accountant who will be responsible for managing the balance sheet substantiation and attestation oversight processes across all global entities. It is a fantastic opportunity to gain global experience working across business lines, maintaining key financial controls, strengthening the environment.
It is imperative this person has a strong upward trajectory and has legs to run through a highly progressive environment.
Role responsibilities include:
- Review and governance of the global balance sheet reconciliations and substantiation process
- Oversight of the completeness, accuracy and validity of balance sheet reporting by the global Reporting & Financial Control Teams
- Review of internal controls
- Regular review and analysis through quality assurance by sampling balance sheet accounts for completeness, accuracy and substantiation evidence
- Preparation and submission of consolidated quarterly Balance Sheet reporting for use with internal and external audit process
- Analysis and reporting of potential high-risk items and supporting improvements in internal controls and strategic decision making
- Supporting the quarterly review of ledger balances reconciled / substantiated including issues identified with effective remediation plans
- Support in implementing an effective financial control and risk environment
- Quality Assurance work
- Co-ordination and oversight of the completeness, accuracy and validity of attestations to Finance Key Controls by global finance teams
- Ad hoc projects throughout
It is imperative this person:
- Newly Qualified ACCA/ACA Qualified Accountant with business facing experience
- Exceptional academic credentials
- Worked within a dynamic, matrix style Financial Services organisation with global coverage
- Experience of working in controls environment
- Experience using Blackline reconciliations software (highly desirable)
- Strong system skills and ability to learn new systems and processes quickly, ideally Oracle, HFM, Essbase, Hyperion planning highly desirable.
- Strong process orientation, with ability to design robust control frameworks