A technology start-up with a focus on the agriculture market is harnessing data and communication to revolutionise their industry. Having embedded both artificial intelligence and machine learning into their product they are at the forefront of pioneering tech.
They have closed their Series A round of funding and as a result their finance team in particular is growing. The Financial Controller role requires a fully qualified accounting with 3-5 years of post-qualified experience. An interest in technology, challenging the status quo and effective accounting is imperative to succeed in this role.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare monthly management reports efficiently and accurately
- Leading any transactional finance, managing cash and FX rates.
- Working with external advisers to ensure best outcomes are achieved, in particular, with government R&D Schemes
- Manage the external accountants and prepare the statutory accounts
- Ensure that payroll is executed properly
- Manage a team based in London and Africa
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- A relevant accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) first time passes from a top Practice
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting/Business administration or another related discipline
- 2 - 5 years of post-qualified experience
- Innovative and entrepreneurial mind-set to challenge the status quo and drive changes throughout finance
- Managing a team and becoming a leader and support for more junior staff
- Global experience an added bonus
This role will allow the right candidate to step up into a senior finance position to help lead an organically growing finance function within an exciting start-up.
If this sounds like you or something you could be interested in, please send your CV to Monty Eayrs from Twenty.