A global insurance firm is urgently seeking an experienced (IFRS) accountant to cover year-end, IFRS statements, Solvency II reporting and consolidation.
Production of financial reporting information for covering monthly, quarterly and yearly cycles.
- Delivery of statutory and management accounts under IFRS for Group and standalone reporting;
- Delivery of regulatory reporting to Group under Solvency II;
- Delivery of forecast information to Group;
- Preparation of IFRS reporting and accounting technical papers; and
- Preparation of supporting commentary & analytical review.
- Support the Senior Finance Manager (SFM) on the active management of the offshore team, and a continuous improvement process, establish process excellence & efficiency in the delivery of all operational outputs.
- Support the SFM in managing relationships with internal business partners & customers. This includes working closely with relevant Business Partnering, Change Management, M&A, Tax, Capital and Legal teams to support a variety of internal projects and reporting deliverables.
- Support the SFM in oversight and review of key processes/controls within the team and ensure controls are adequately maintained and documented.
- Qualified accountant
- Strong technical accounting capabilities
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong prioritisation skills and ability to work with appropriate flexibility on multiple deliverables.
- Commercially astute, and able to translate between business actions and financial implications.
- Strong written skills and ability to distil and communicate complex issues.
- Good project / process management skills (design / implement / improve)
- Financial reporting and/or audit experience preferable.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS, but also awareness of related capital / regulatory / solvency requirements