One of the world's leading financial services organisations are looking for a qualified accountant to join their team. As a Project Financial Controller you will be responsible for the day to day financial management and reporting looking after a number of projects. These projects are high profile in their nature and massively important for the future of the bank, improving both IT and regulatory obligations.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Financial reporting - such as month end reporting and supporting the offshore team with their requirements
- Working on number of high profile projects as part of the global function, sitting the Change Delivery business. Project examples include IFRS16/17 and Stress Testing
- Stakeholder engagement across the organisation, mostly with the Global Head of Change Delivery and his team
- Developing all the required skills on the projects so that the manager can eventually cut the umbilical cord further down the line, where there will be opportunities to move on and up, taking on increasing responsibilities.
- Implementation and management of an effective change control process
- Control over the planning and delivery of project MI independently or part of a team.
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with 4 years cost reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Familiar with a Banking environment/ a large organisation
- Strong IT Skills - such as excel and powerpoint
- Worked with large data sets
- Immaculate attention to detail
- Understanding of accruals, prepayments and consolidation
- Nice to have - TM1