A tier 1 investment bank are looking for a newly qualified accountant with an interest in technical accounting for an Advisory role. It is a front office facing role with a particular focus on financial instruments and IFRS.
It is a great, progressive opportunity inside a dynamic organisation in a highly independent and relatively senior team with a flat structure.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Providing IFRS advice to all business lines within the investment bank
- Providing solutions to accounting issues that arise in new business proposals, live transactions and new initiatives
- Maintaining internal control standards, resolving any issues raised by external regulators
- Working closely with the regulatory policy team, enabling in depth understanding around business activities impact on regulatory and capital.
- Liaising with other accounting advisory teams in other areas, highlighting points of discussion
- Involvement in interesting trades and products
- Working close with Product Control, Regulatory Policy, Legal, Compliance and Risk
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- Strong technical accounting interest and exposure to banking (whether in industry or practice)
- A chartered accountant (preferably big 4 trained if from practice).
- Working knowledge of IFRS
- Knowledge of banking products
- Resilient and able to work under pressure
If you'd like to learn more about this role, please apply to this advert or reach out to Hannah Alderson at Twenty Financial Services.