A leading financial services institution is looking for a qualified accountant to join their Financial Controls team to oversee accruals, balance sheet substantiation, preparation of statutory accounts and deputising for the Senior Finance Manager.
The candidate should have significant experience within Financial Services, be newly qualified (2-5 years max), and have strong experience within Financial Controls.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for accruals, balance sheet substantiation, preparation of statutory accounts and prepayments
- Support the delivery of the monthly close process for all entities
- Support the wider Financial Control team across:
- General Ledger Postings and reconciliations
- Balance Sheet reconciliations and substantiation
- Developing and applying any new necessary procedures
- Completing HFM validations
- Acting as deputy for the role manager
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- An professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACA or ACCA)
- Extremely familiar with preparation of group statutory accounts, IFRS, and financial accounting within large organisations
- Experience managing relationships globally, dealing with senior stakeholders and proactive management capabilities
- Use of Oracle GL / Essbase / Smartview / HFM all desirable
- Previous demonstration of designing and implementing robust controls frameworks
- Drive a team focussed culture and use effective communication throughout
This opportunity offers a fantastic package, exposure within a large organisation and a great level of responsibility. It is perfect for anyone who strives for personal success in a large organisation.
If this sounds like you or something you could be interested in, please send your CV to Monty Eayrs at