A global investment bank is looking for a Qualified Accountant to support them for the next 6 months as a consultant within their financial control team. This individual must be immediately available to start.
- Performance of financial control and reporting tasks, including:
- Entity Level Control and Reporting
- Ensure accurate books and records in compliance with relevant GAAP; preparation of the management accounts and assisting with ad hoc queries.
- Raise journals / perform established control tasks to evidence integrity of books and records, prepare management accounts.
- Identification of control weaknesses; proposal and implementation of remediating controls.
- Responsible for preparation and development of Management Accounts
- Maintain and perform first level review of Management accounts through month-end close
- Preparation of monthly / quarterly slides for internal/external stakeholders
- Liaise with Other Lines of Business SMEs to ensure timely commentary for inclusion in Legal Entity management pack
- Line of Business/Support Functions Contact
- Act as Financial Control liaison to Business Lines/Support Functions, providing them with entity level reporting relating to their Line of Business/Support Function, explaining variances, and assisting them understanding their reports
- Responsible for preparation of Tax GAAP accounts on Quarterly/Annual basis
- Liaise with Corporate Tax team
- Responsible for preparation of Intercompany Balance Sheet and Income Statement reports on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Liaise with Consolidations team
- Support other ad hoc finance tasks as required
- Qualified Accountant
- Financial Services – understanding of the financial products (FX, Derivatives)
- Experience with Tableau / Alteryx
- Some relevant post qualification experience
- Degree educated