A global tier 1 investment bank is looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join and assist with leading their international controller's team at one of their London based offices. The candidate should be a qualified accountant, with a significant amount of experience post-qualification, and someone who is engaging / can communicate with business leaders.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Involvement with preparation of financial reports, maintaining robust controls and accuracy
- Business partnering with numerous departments to resolve any identified issues
- Expand expertise and knowledge throughout role and provide product and system knowledge wherever relevant
- Support all new developments in new regulations and controls to assist the Controller in meeting obligations
- Enhance and drive controls throughout line of work
- Drive efficiencies and improvements in all processes
- Regulatory support across COREP, FINREP, PRA + other US reports
- Ad hoc projects
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Excellent academic & degree background
- Broad and strong product knowledge
- Have relevant financial controls and regulatory experience within financial services
- BoE, COREP and FINREP production experience a requirement
- US Regulatory reporting experience desirable
- Self-motivated and ambitious for a career as an accounting professional within FS
- Competent at manipulating large sets of data and using Excel
- Works well within a team, has good communication skills/soft skills, adaptable and quick to learn
This opportunity offers a fantastic package and internal progression, with a great level of responsibilities. It is perfect for anyone who strives for personal success in a large and growing organisation.
If this sounds like you or something you could be interested in, please send your CV to Monty Eayrs.