A tier 1 bank are looking for a director level standalone Investment Controller to provide the finance lenses to a multi-billion pound strategy implementation over the next 3 years. There is a need for someone to look at what generates revenue, what's purely for productivity/ efficiency measures, embedding new ways of looking at things, building into existing frameworks in a very high profile, newly created position.
This opportunity is brilliant for someone who wants breadth and exposure, working across business lines, and enjoy bringing everything together, moving away from a silo. The role is progressive and needs someone that can make sure everything and everyone are working in the right direction, also having the gravitas to influence and deliver at senior level.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing investment spend, ensuring transparency and everything is documented, maximising value to the firm.
- Budgeting and leading the investment planning from next year onwards, supporting a multiyear view
- Ensuring Group Finance and external reporting requirements are met
- Categorising the data within an existing mechanism that already exists, making sense of it, and facilitating a holistic overview.
- Looking at what generates revenue, what's purely for productivity/ efficiency measures/ regulatory, providing a new angle of looking at things.
- Understanding where the business is spending the money and what it is doing for the business and what it is generating in terms of revenue growth/ cost savings/ regulatory robustness/ avoiding cybercrime.
- Working in a collaboration/ coordination role across all of the global businesses and functions as well as change and transformation.
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- Chartered Accountant with significant post qualification experience
- Used to a large matrix style financial services environment
- Fantastic system skills - seeing the value in technology/ digitalisation
- Great communicator - outgoing, assertive with strong gravitas to influence senior stakeholders
- Self-starter - as role is stand alone
- Ability to drive control discipline
If you'd like to learn more about this role, please apply to this advert or reach out to Hannah Alderson at Twenty Financial Services.