A world class FinTech organisation are on the hunt for a recently qualified accountant who is also a proficient coder that can bridge the gap between Finance & Technology teams and use code to drive performance improvements.
This is a truly hybrid role. You will work a lot with the core development team writing code, contributing to the ongoing automation journey. It is imperative this person has worked as an accountant in looking after central accounting processes
- Preparation of year end statutory accounts for London subsidiaries. Assisting auditors with the follow up audit.
- Business process redesign. Employ the use of Python, VBA and SQL to drive performance improvements
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Optimise the configuration of existing Finance systems to drive process efficiencies and minimise risk of error
- Re-building existing dashboards
- Data mining in SQL for various teams across the Finance function to provide better data insights and meaningful reports
- Ad-hoc reporting and project work.
- Fully Qualified Accountant – ACA preferred with up to 3 years of post-qualified experience
- Experience with any programming language or scripting language Python, SQL, GO
- Good core accounting knowledge with an experience being hands on looking after central accounting processes
- Experience interacting with tech product owners and developers directly
- Experience working in cross functional teams and training end users
- Advanced understanding of financial systems
- Tech savvy and focused on automation