In contrast to many of its competitors, this Global Investment Bank is one of a few large global institutions that is benefiting from substantial growth across Europe at the moment, making it a very exciting and interesting time to join.
This position sits in the Front office and within the bank's first line of defence. The team oversees all aspects of AML, Terrorist Financing and other FCC risks to the business.
- Perform detailed analysis of clients to identify patterns and trends across EMEA jurisdictions and relationships
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes and internal controls
- Review and analyse findings to determine level of risk and take initiative to drafting corrective action and assist in managing change to prevent/mitigate risk
- Ensure the business is collecting and documenting customer due diligence and enhanced due diligence according to Corporate policy and Wholesale procedure.
- Works closely with Relationship managers, Risk managers, and Clients. There is scope for ad-hoc travel to meet with clients throughout Europe required
- Evaluate and make decisions about customer information, negative news and complex financial activity.
- Provide detailed risk analysis of the customer base
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in the Financial Services industry, including experience working as AML investigator and / or within Transaction Monitoring
- Ability to build/develop strong relationships and work in a complex and rapidly changing environment
- Good understanding and knowledge of AML (anti money laundering) trends
- Proven experience in understanding and managing financial crime risk in Europe region in accordance with risk appetite, policies and procedures
- Strong English communication skills both written & verbal, as this role is client-facing, and writing concise arguments is a fundamental part of the role
- European Languages desirable, particularly Spanish, German and French