ETRM Business Analyst – Commodities Firm, London
A commodity trading firm with a global presence, well renowned and a key player in their specific trading markets.
Summary of role
Business analyst with a deep understanding of commodities markets to join the technology trading and risk team.
Play a key part in the front office use of ETRM applications and delivering integrated front office IT tools. A strong understanding of market risk, mark to market valuation and physical trade lifecycle within either coal, bio-diesel or metals would be preferential.
You will be responsible for the creation of business requirements for the trading and risk IT portfolio including their change and transformation programmes and day to day operational activity.
The role will enable you to identify and drive improvements and innovation across both business and IT operating models. You will actively contribute to a high functioning Agile delivery team and ensure each requirement offer maximum business value.
An understanding of market data will be important, including how forward curves and volatility surfaces are utilised in quantitative modelling and pricing for risk reporting.
- Detailed understanding of the physical commodity trade lifecycle, risk reporting and valuation (including vanilla options)
- Coal, bio-diesel, oil or metals experience
- Highly knowledgeable within ETRM (Endur, Allegro, Triplepoint, Aligne, Aspect)
- Excellent documentation skills, highly experienced of creating requirements in an Agile model with user stories
- Creating worked examples and prototypes in Excel or other tools (SQL, Power Query, PowerBI, VBA, Python)
- Project management
- Stakeholder management
- Proven ability to influence and communicate with global teams