Equities Java Developer - Financial Services - London - £75,000
A Tier 1 Investment Bank is looking for an Equities Java Developer to build and enhance the next generation Equity Derivatives trade capture and lifecycle management platform. The role involves close interaction with traders and end users in New York. You will be working in a first class working environment at the centre of the financial community on challenging projects.
- Producing detailed technical designs and solutions for problems in the equity derivatives trade booking and STP domain and to be able to implement the solution.
- Work with Development Managers globally to understand and contribute to the system architecture.
- Work with global team to Implement standards & best practices for software development and ensure compliance to the process including but not limited to unit testing and continuous integration.
- Use existing finance domain knowledge to validate the accuracy of the technical solution and adherence to requirements.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the processes and the system.
- Extensive experience in software development of which the majority should have been with Java. Very strong core Java skills including Generics, Collections, Multithreading, I/O, Streams and JDBC are required.
- Proficient in reading, writing and debugging multithreaded java code.
- Very strong problem solving skills - should be able to understand a complex problem and translate the solution into a program using OOPS fundamentals.
- Proficiency in technologies supporting java development and deployment - Spring, maven, xml.
- Knowledge of Equity Derivatives Products and Trade Capture/Lifecycle management.
- Knowledge of Oracle Coherence and related relevant experience.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a skilled and effective Equities Java Developer looking for a new challenge within an innovative global company with a wealth of expertise and knowledge.
If you are interested in this role please contact me on 02031894344.