An established and expanding FinTech company is currently in a growth phase and are looking to take on a Head of Engineering to drive the development of new products and services within the company. The company are looking for capable individuals to push the strategy of their vision for their online payments platform forward. The company wants accountable and independent people who are stakeholder facing and capable of contributing within a team environment.
They are set up in cross-functional Agile teams so you’ll have the chance to work alongside other developers and industry experts who are experienced in frontend and backend design. The backend team is utilising Java to engineer and craft the future of their payments platform; whilst the frontend team uses React. You'll be working in a flexible, open environment where you'll be liasing with product owners, product managers and business stakeholders both internally and externally. As the Head of Engineering you'll gain excellent exposure to taking a product from inception to market, with full project oversight in an environment that encourages end to end development.
You will have come from a hands on Java/React/PHP background, and be experienced leading leaders, as well as a capable technologist. If you’re a technologist with the following experience then please get in touch!
- Experience working with Java in a microservices environment (AWS)
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies
- Experience leading multiple technology functions, including backend, frontend, devops and QA teams
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Experience managing a team in a commercial setting
- Experience building API driven applications
- Deep understanding of OOP and SOLID principles
- Excellent knowledge and experience of TDD, BDD and DDD practices
The Following Technologies And Skills Would Be Beneficial
- Knowledge of Distributed Systems
- Experience of Event-Driven Architecture
- Experience managing a team
- Experience provide technical leadership within a team
- Exposure to GitLab
- Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Exposure to Jenkins
- Exposure to Jira
- Exposure to Java
- Exposure to React
This position comes with a VERY generous benefits package, and you get to pick your own tech!
If you are a Java developer with any of these skills, and this sounds like something you would be interested in or would like more information please apply with an up to date CV or email email@example.com