A global investment bank are looking for a Director level Accounting Policy leader to run the team that provides technical accounting advice across EMEA & International business units by reference to relevant accounting GAAP. This is a 12 month Fixed Term maternity cover.
- Providing technical accounting advice across the global business, partnering with the front office.
- Advising on accounting policy for all new products, restructurings and complex transactions Provide training to both the front and back office on accounting developments
- Active engagement with external auditors on all policy matters Issuing new accounting policies under IFRS Setting of detailed guidance to supplement HO Accounting policy
- Accounting Policy control for VIE assessment & New Product assessment EMEA PMO for the IFRS9 implementation project Key Finance SME on firmwide project
- Big 4 trained preferred and ACA/ACCA qualified Financial instruments experience
- A keen interest in Financial Reporting, with experience of preparing financial statement disclosures
- Solid knowledge of IFRS required
- Experience of working in a multi-GAAP Group function desirable
- Familiarity with working with very large volumes of complex data
- Experience of using Business Intelligence tools in developing automated reporting