One of New York's first billion dollar startups is looking for a senior development manager to help lead a team of engineers within an extremely agile environment.
- Develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters creativity and open communication, as well as one that demands discipline and results
- Build a first-class Engineering team that will scale as the company and business grows, identifying and filling any organizational gaps.
- Encourage active participation in all phases of the project lifecycle, and work with project management to remove impediments and provide visibility to stakeholders.
- Proven track record of meeting aggressive schedules; clearly defining deliverables and timetables, with demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in complex environments and manage teams to successful project completion
- Demonstrated ability as an effective mentor and coach who understands how to successfully integrate into a team of talented developers
- Full-Stack software development experience building and designing websites using any modern development languages at scale, powering multiple consumers.
- Strong Software development fundamentals, data structures, design patterns, Object-Oriented programming, architecture, algorithms and problem solving skills.
This is the ideal role for someone who has more recently been working as a hands on Tech Lead but wants to move into a more senior management role within a highly successful business.