Development Manager - Data Visualisation - Analytics
A global Data Visualisation software company are looking to hire a Development manager to manage a team of 8-10 developers as well as manage software delivery and help develop the product line.
- Reporting to CTO
- Manage a team of 8-10 developers
- Work alongside QA Manager, Head of Research, SW architects (and also with Support, Prod Mgmt and Professional Services teams)
- Project manage development and delivery of the company's continuously evolving Analytics product (6-12 month release cycle)
- Main objective is to ensure timely delivery, and excellent quality of product releases, whilst handling tactical interruptions (e.g. bug fixes, enhancement requests, etc. in patches).
- Engage in all aspects of the project mgmt. Note: this is not a manager of managers role. Successful candidate will be managing the engineers directly.
- Great project mgmt.
- Experience of managing a similar size Development team
- Product management/development experience
- Great people mgmt.
- Excellent technical understanding / capability - although not a hands on role, they will need to understand technical conversations and drive the technical and non-technical meetings
- A good appreciation of the end customer
- Software development background
- Product Management and Development experience
- Excellent knowledge of the SW dev process / lifecycle, and how best to employ different techniques/processes to maximize productivity, without compromising quality.
- Self-motivated, with a strong desire to continuously improve the team / software / dev process / etc.