Development Manager - Global Bank // London // Contract
A Global Bank is seeking a Development Manager to lead their London team which will be responsible for development a specialist portfolio management solution the bank is planning on rolling out across all international locations. They are also responsible for a range of other products including regulatory reporting solutions.
- To lead a team of software developers to implement software product roadmaps
- Manage and develop technical resources and skill sets
- Define and delivery efficient resource utilisation and budgets
- Carry out both Agile and waterfall development methodologies
- Manage the development of new and changed software products via a team of technical architects and developers
- Work in conjunction with Product and Project managers to define, estimate, Plan Development Units of work
- Work with Project and Product Managers to report and track development progress to plan with escalation of risks, issues and blockers
- Work in conjunction with the product manager to evaluate, retain and recruit development talent
- Work in conjunction with the test manger to support the testing process and defect management
- Work with the product manager and design team to ensure that the technical design delivers the solution and business requirement.
- Work with clients to demonstrate and gain acceptance of Designs and finished products.
- Plan, execute and deliver product releases and get involved in product backlog and sprint planning
- Foster collaborative relationships with cross functional groups and other development manager & peers to achieve group and divisional objectives
- Collaborate with Product Strategy & Customer Interfacing groups for defining product vision and roadmap
- Performing impact assessments and manage the estimations for all new, maintenance and third line support originated development requirements
Skills and Experience:
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Development Technologies
- Extensive experience in User Interface and Web application development projects
- Agile Delivery
- Waterfall Delivery
- Test processes and defect management
Please do call or drop me an email if of interest on 02031894298 or at
I look forward to hearing from you.