One of my asset management clients has gone through a huge amount of change and have created a new role to manage the Derivatives Pricing team. The role holder will have between 6-8 direct reports and be responsible for ensure the accuracy of all derivative pricing. As well as leading process improvement projects and supporting the creation of a centre of excellence.
- Accountable for the accurate pricing of all held derivative instruments on daily basis.
- Proactively build and develop models for the pricing methodology requirements for new instrument types entered into by the fund managers, ensuring that all derivatives valuation platforms provide accurate pricing calculations.
- Accountable for the completion of all BAU processes within agreed deadlines; update and maintain records on all principal systems to enable accurate valuation, accounting and monitoring activities to be completed on a daily basis.
- Robust and proactive management with external counterparties and internal global operational teams to resolve issues. Ensure SLA's are managed and are in line with expectations globally.
- Responsible and accountable for all issues including the provision of timely and efficient client service. Strive for excellent Client Service. Escalation of issues in line with company policy and business judgement.
- Demonstrated experience of managing a derivatives pricing function.
- Extensive experience in business analysis, process improvement and change management.
- Experience of managing multiple initiatives/projects within a complex professional environment and delivering demonstrable business benefits.
- Team management experience and familiar with managing appraisals, 121 etc