Datwarehouse Developer - Financial Services - London
A leading financial services firm are looking for an experienced Data Warehouse developer. The role will be focussed on developing packages and performing maintenance of the client's Datawarehouse.
- To design and deliver core ETL processes to deliver dimensionally modelled star schema's for end user
- To design and build the data structures using SQL Server 2012 SSIS.
- Designing and writing the ETL code as well as integrating these new processes into the batch management and error handling processes.
- Previous experiences of working as a developer on SQL Server data bases, specifically within a data warehousing context and have been responsible for the design and development of SSIS ETL packages.
- Experience and understanding of the Information Architecture
- Experience of Data warehousing Techniques & Data Modelling (Star Schema, Snow Flake Schema)
- Expert Knowledge of SQL & Relational Databases
- Have designed and developed ETL work packages on at least one data warehouse project, and be able to demonstrate expertise around the Microsoft SQL Server technologies (primarily data base administration and SSIS).
- The ability to design reporting star schema's, document and follow functional ETL specifications and challenge business logic where appropriate, as well as manage their time effectively.
- 5 years+ ETL and SQL experience
- The ability to champion best practice ETL development techniques.
- The ability to translate business requirements into functional specifications and move this base layer of specifications, design elegant ETL packages supported by detailed technical specifications for the support of the Data Warehouse's development on an ongoing basis,
- Significant experience supporting Data Warehouse implementations, preferably within the financial services