Database Engineering Lead - Financial Services - Surrey
A leading financial services client require a Database Engineering Lead to help build out their database architecture. As a Database Engineering Lead you will work closely with the director of data services to help develop a data platform and improve their big data engineering capabilities.
The Database Engineering Lead will not being managing people but instead have technical responsibilities for leading the engineering activities. There are a range of projects that you will become involved with including NoSQL and Big Data technologies such as Hadoop and Cassandra. In addition, you'll be focused on streaming technologies and creating Kafka Clusters.
The ideal candidate will have a strong relational database background with solid linux skills and will have likely moved onto Big Data projects more recently!
- Strong Linux operating system administration skills
- Experience of engineering and administering relational and NoSQL infrastructure
- Proficient with two or more - Cassandra, Hadoop and Kafka
- Proficient with two or more - Oracle (preferably on Exadata), Postgres, MariaDB, MySQL
- Proficient with installing, configuring, administering, troubleshooting, using and benchmarking NoSQL solutions
- Proficiency required with common developer toolsets and Scripting such as Java, Shell, Python, Perl, JSON, REST etc.
- Experience with Cloud Technology platforms preferred - in particular AWS and Azure