Database Administrator/ DBA - Financial Services - London
A leading global financial group who offer services across corporate and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking are looking for an experience Database Administrator ideally with SQL Server as a main technology and experience within Oracle and Sybase to join their Technology department.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experience Database Administrator to join a leading Financial Organisation in their Corporate Technology Department. You will be responsible for providing Database Administration and Technical Support whilst also being responsible for delivering reliable and high performance environments. You will also be responsible for providing first line support for all elements of applications.
- The planning and completion of Database Administration tasks
- Perform the installation, configuration, upgrade and maintenance of Database environments
- Support Developers and Business Users requests
- Perform security administration functions for all database environments
- Produce Scripts to perform and automate regular administration tasks
- Liaise with Software Vendors, Business Users and IT development
- Perform and Assist with the Recovery of Systems and Applications
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft SQL server
- Good knowledge of Oracle RDDMS 11G/ 12 C running on Linux/ Solaris
- Good knowledge of Sybase RDBMS 12/15 running on Linux/ Solaris
- Good Shell Scripting/ Perl skills
- Tuning utilities and commands
If you are an experienced DBA who is looking for a new contract within a Financial Services Organisation then please apply to this role.