Data Strategy Analyst is required to a join a leading private equity firm. You'll work as part of an innovation team which is a proven value creation engine and be responsible for a blend of data engineering and analysis while shaping the team's broader analytics strategy.
The ideal candidate will have strong core data analytics and strategy consulting skills as well as;
- Work with senior members to develop discrete analytics work-packages (mostly quantitative), e.g. design database routines to stitch together data sets, run statistical analysis of these data cubes, visualise these findings, embed the database routines or dashboards live into the client workflow.
- Build productive relationships with mid-level executives from portfolio companies that inspire trust and enable the candidate to be effective in their role
- Effectively explain and coach mid-level executives in our portfolio companies to start enabling them to take over some of the data engineering and data analysis projects
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong commercial experience in a data science focused consulting firm or consulting firm team.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to extract high quality insights
- Advanced knowledge of databases, data engineering tools and data science programmes (e.g. Alteryx, SQL, SPSS, R)
- Advanced Excel, Advanced PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent quantitative academic credentials (Maths / statistics, engineering, science)
- Attention to detail and drive to produce consistent, high quality outputs,
- Highly proactive - able to lead by example in meeting deadlines, communicating effectively and ensuring processes are adhered to
- Strong interpersonal and both written and verbal communication skills