Data Scientist required as part of high profile Investment Banking surveillance program to apply specialist expertise within Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP). The aim of this role will be to enhance, improve and expand a cognitive computing platform in an R&D capacity alongside oversight for implementation.
This is a very rare opportunity for a candidate with a number of years commercial or research based experience within NLP or wider Deep Learning to gain high profile experience within a Tier 1 Bank.
Key Requirements for the role include;
- Education to PhD/MSc level in a highly quantitative discipline.
- Strong background backed up by commercial or research based examples/publications within NLP or Deep Learning.
- Strong Business facing skills alongside the ability to articulate highly technical subject matter to non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent problem solving.
Key Technical Skills;
- Python focused Data Science Skill set.
- Strong Statistical knowledge in one or more of the following tools: R, Matlab, SAS, SPSS.
- Hadoop ecosystem.
This is a very unique opportunity that is likely to evolve over time to facilitate the surveillance demands within the department.