Twenty Recruitment are partnered with a leading commerce client who require a Senior Data scientist to begin building a centralised team. This role requires an individual who is willing to play a more hands-on role, becoming involved with all aspects of the client's operations across the whole business while maintaining a strong sense of autonomy and responsibility.
Your responsibilities within this role would be as follows:
- Identifying high value opportunities for growth, as well as designing strategies to fulfil these opportunities
- Research and Development including Data acquisition and cleansing, as well as the development and implementation of machine learning solutions
- Maintenance of the portfolio which includes all current data science projects, as well as management of its pipeline
- Coaching of junior data scientists
- Extensive experience within retail or consulting environments, which have involved aspects of, advanced analytics and business transformation.
- Ability to interpret and migrate statistical models and outputs into concepts which can be easily actioned upon
- Strong theoretical approach to any given tasks, along with the ability to adapt quickly depending on the demands of the project portfolio.
- Track record of data science projects (pricing, discounting, geospatial for location selection, M&A, etc)
- Knowledge of:
- Machine learning and statistics (Python/R)
- Data Visualisation(Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik
- Pricing Analytics
- Data Transformation (SQL/Alteryx)
- Designing Analytical Solutions