THE INVESTMENT MANAGER
Our Client, a Global Investment Manager based in Surrey, has a strong reputation and enviable presence in its respected markets. The firm has maintained an excellent culture due to the level of experience and expertise across the senior management team. The role is broad and dynamic in scope, offering you excellent exposure across one of the market's leading investment teams.
This role reports directly to the Data Protection Officer (DPO) for the UK & Europe and is part of a small team in the 2nd line compliance function.
You will be responsible for providing advice and guidance on data protection regulations & laws and will work collaboratively with colleagues across Compliance, Legal and Risk.
You will support the DPO to help maintain compliance with the UK Data Protection Act and European data protection legislation, privacy laws and GDPR.
This role will be responsible for handling SARs and breaches, providing reports to the DPO and other Senior Management as well as assisting with training the business relating to data protection.
- Must have prior experience of working in a UK or EU data protection role
- Experience working on the roll out of GDPR is essential
- Prior Financial Services experience is essential, including experience gained with retail banking, asset management and investment banking
- Retail knowledge and experience is highly desirable
- Data protection professional qualifications are desirable
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Marmoy-Haynes at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance & Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.