Data Extraction Lead Engineer
Newport Beach California
7 month contract
Interview: 1st- Phone, 2nd- interview will be a "mini project" might take a couple days, 3rd- Final round all three team members
Experience with kdb or InfluxDB is required.
* Contribute in architecture, design and implementation of large-scale distributed system that extract data.
* Perform data scraping, cleansing, curation, parsing, integration, semantic mapping and enrichment.
* Build and sustain documentation and technical specs.
* Complete analysis and monitoring on datasets to ensure completeness and integrity.
* Coordinate project-related work with both researchers and engineering teams.
* Manage, monitor and mentor the effort of data pipeline including agent configuration and data publishing.
* Monitor model production and testing procedures; monitor dataset production; Examine and investigate issues by troubleshooting
* Address questions from internal consumers relating to marketplace data, examine datasets and interact with vendors
* Gather and analyze model production statistics and create specialized reports
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
* Intense knowledge of computer systems, object oriented design, data structures and algorithms
* Experience in software development life cycle and developing large scale software systems
* Experience with tick data, fundamental data, reference data
* Knowledge in programming and working in IAAS infrastructure
* Machine Learning Research and NLP Experience is a great plus
* Possess core technical skills, including the following:
- Proficiency in at least one compiled language like Go/Rust/Scala/C++ (required)
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language like R/Ruby/Python/V8 (required)
- Experience with kdb+ or InfluxDB (required)
- Experience with modern development stack (GitLab/Docker/Kubernetes/Rancher) (desirable)
- Database Administration/Programing (desirable)
- Experience with kdb+/InfluxDB (desirable)
You will work with leads on the data analysis portion- heavy algorithms you should have financial experience ( for knowledge purposes). You will take lead on data extraction analysis platform for fixed market income transactions. You should be able to recommend the right data models. Have strong devilment skills and system design experience. If you come from mortgage or financial services background this is IDEAL. There is an old system in place that needs help improving, the firm is expanding its fixed income analysis. You will be on a team of 3 people.
call me at 646-766-1242