An innovations team of a major Financial Services firm is seeking Data Specialist to join their London offices on a contract basis.
The team is responsible for analytics used for risk management. You'll report directly into the head of Risk Innovation working on a greenfield project extracting, manipulating and loading data in the newly built data storage and analysis of the risk data to look for trends and new business opportunities.
- Demonstrable experience with MongoDB
- Business Intelligence Solutions experience, preferably Qliksense or R Shiny
- Understanding of APIs
- Coding skills (R, Excel/VBA, SQL), and overall good IT skills e.g. follows best practices, robust solution designs; Git experience and Unix skills is an advantage);
- Analytical background with good knowledge of statistics
- Affinity with new technology and interest in Data Science/ machine learning is an advantage;
- Self-driven, entrepreneurial with good problem-solving skills
This is a great opportunity for a true technologist to join an interesting innovations team and being able to explore new technologies, run proof-of-concepts and progress these into production. Please apply below if you feel you're a good fit.