Database Engineer - Investment Management - London
One of our top Investment management clients is looking for a Database Engineer to work on company-wide database improvements. They are looking for an individual to take hands-on responsibility for the data engineering that takes place on their cross-platform databases. You work be working within a hybrid capacity, developing databases and pipelines while also fulfilling administration duties for said databases. You would be interacting with various development and business teams to implement data solutions.
- Relational database development and management within Oracle and MS SQL
- Providing impact analysis covering multiple systems
- Developing and maintaining current and future data pipelines
- Contributing to the creation of analytics capabilities across the business
- Making improvements to databases, along with their related deployment mechanisms
- Extensive experience working with Oracle and MS SQL servers
- Familiarity with ETL processes either with MS SSIS and an Oracle equivalent
- Interest in Big Data, along with some experience with NoSQL.
- Experience in scripting and monitoring with Shell/Python
- Experience with BI tools such as SAP Business Objects
- Knowledge of SCRUM and Agile methodologies
- Good communicative skills