A tier 1 bank based in central London are building a Centre of Excellence which is responsible for adopting innovative, cutting edge data technologies, toolsets and methodologies in order to leverage the business' data assets to solve real business problems.
You'll be working alongside Data Scientists, utilising your expertise around Big Data engineering on various exciting projects across all the banks functions ranging from fraud analytics to creating solutions to catch rogue traders. You'll be leading a team, mentoring junior members, solving both Big Data and small data problems.
Required skills and experience:
- Core programming expertise in Java, Scala or C/C++
- Deep understanding of Hadoop core concepts and technologies including:
- Experience in implementing Big Data solutions
- Cloudera Stack (inc. Hive, Impala, MapReduce, Pig, Kafka, HDFS, HBase, Spark)
- Experience with using R or Python
In a really exciting time for Big Data and Data Science, this position provides you with a fantastic opportunity to contribute to a range of exciting projects within a globally renowned bank, gaining exposure to new and existing engineering and analytical technologies.
If you think you have the relevant experience to succeed in this role, please Apply now.