Data Architect - Asset Management - London
A leading Asset Management client require a Data Architect to help define data needs within data structures, dictionary & design. The purpose of this is to ensure that the business users have appropriate access. Furthermore, the role will guide developers and engineers into shaping data coherence.
- Takes responsibility for the accessibility and security of specific subsets of data.
- Assesses the integrity of data from multiple sources (including, for example, instrument, position and transaction data).
- Provides advice on the transformation of data/information from one format to another, where appropriate.
- Maintain all necessary documentation associated with design and data lineage
- Maintains and implements information handling procedures.
- Sets standards for data analysis tools and techniques, advises on their application, and ensures compliance.
- Manages the investigation of corporate data requirements, and co-ordinates the application of data analysis and Data modelling techniques.
- Maintains and applies up to date, specialist knowledge of database concepts, object and Data modelling techniques and design principles, and a detailed knowledge of the full range of database architectures, software and facilities available.
- Analyses data requirements, to establish, modify or maintain a data model.
- Interprets the model into an appropriate database schema within set policies. Demonstrates, installs and commissions selected products.
- Strong understanding of Asset Management Data (Instrument, Index, Position and Transaction data sets) is mandatory
- Strong understanding of Data modelling methods
- Strong understanding of data patterns
- Strong SQL and PL/SQL Skills
- Appreciation of ETL methods and tools
- Knowledge of XML, FIX, ISO20022 desirable
If you're a Data Architect looking to take on a long term challenge within a green-field programme then please get in touch as soon as possible!