Data Analytics Manager - Financial services - London
A leading financial institution is currently looking for a Data Analytics Manager with expertise in R and automation modelling. You will be working on Fixed income and Equities products and looking to create automated processes to drive department efficiency.
The validation performed in Data Analytics should algorithmically decidable and the role of the manager would be to internally and regularly automate most of the tasks for both existing and new data.
The role is divided into two responsibilities which take approximately 50% of the time each:
- BAU processing and SME support - Day-to-day validation of any suspect incoming data. This mostly revolves around Bloomberg/Reuters interrogation/validation.
- SME duties are required as a middle agent between technology and the business.
- Project work and SME input/implantation/participation for Market Data related change/projects - Significant involvement is required for any development relating to instrument data or validation changes.
- Responsible for automation/development of automation tools of existing processes within Data Analytics. This includes developing tactical solutions, contributing to FLR RCL quant library, and engaging with IT for productionised solutions.
- Monitoring of controls relating to the aforementioned data
- Low number of incidents relating to control failure being the key KRI.
- Swift resolution of actions relating to incidents which impact Data Analytics. E.g., implementation of additional controls or adjustments to existing ones.
- Manage a data analyst in the team and make sure that BaU tasks are well covered between the team and that projects assigned to the team are well managed in term of time and delivery.
- Scripting skills required in R or alternative
- SQL Bloomberg + Reuters data manipulation would be preferable