Twenty Recruitment GmbH are working with a leading European FinTech who are looking to expand their presence in Germany. This FinTech has won several awards and are looking for candidates who embody the culture of a start-up whilst joining an established and rapidly expanding business. This is a FinTech who focuses on first class customer service and are successfully hiring a team of dynamic professionals who can look forward to working in a collaborative, positive, and growing team.
This is an excellent time to join as you will be able to influence growth and make an instant impact on the business. You’ll be able to shape the risk management strategy and will report directly to the Germany CEO, partnering closely with the Global Chief Risk Officer.
This role will work closely with an international Credit Risk function and as the business grows, you will have responsibility for managing a team of Credit Risk Analysts and Underwriters in Germany.
This role as Credit Risk Director is a strategic position with wide ranging responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Attend Risk Committee and Credit Committee meetings
- Design and implement Risk frameworks, policies and procedures
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of credit quality, risk and exposure
- Use data and analysis methods to assess credit risk, internal metrics and improve the customer experience
- Work with the senior leadership team across Europe to ensure synergy and partnership in all activities
- Conduct analysis on portfolios and underwriting activity
- Make decisions on lending activity based on credit risk profiles using financial & market information, compliance checks and customer interviews
- Work with teams across Europe to support risk projects and business growth
- Hire and develop a team of Credit Risk analysts, ensuring high levels of customer service at all times
- Work closely with the German and European regulators to ensure the company is operating to the highest standard
- Use technology and predictive models to improve business performance
- You will have at least 10 years previous experience gained working in a Credit Risk & Underwriting role
- Experience of lending, underwriting loans and working in a customer orientated environment is essential
- You will ideally have experience gained working in Retail Banking, SME Lending or a FinTech start up
- You have previously supervised, trained or managed a team but are comfortable working in a very hands-on role
- You are adaptable and able to work in a fast-growing business whilst balancing multiple priorities
- You have a positive and approachable attitude, excellent communication skills and enjoy working closely with a team but are comfortable working independently
- Fluency in German and English is essential
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity, please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Marmoy-Haynes at Twenty Recruitment GmbH.