A global financial services institution based in the City are looking for a Compliance Specialist to join a highly regarded Core Compliance team with responsibility for conducting assurance reviews of business activities, managing regulatory reports, policy development and training.
The individual will be responsible for the following on a day to day basis:
- Managing the process for undertaking compliance risk assessments across the business
- Reviewing and ensuring that Compliance controls are fit for purpose and address the regulatory requirements
- Undertaking compliance monitoring & assurance in respect of the core compliance risks of the business
- Supporting the management of compliance policies and the policy governance
- Maintaining an appropriate regime for new joiner induction training and ongoing compliance training for all staff
- Participating in major regulatory projects
In order to apply for this position, you must meet the below criteria:
- Experience in a compliance role within Financial Services including a good understanding of the compliance issues impacting market infrastructure or wholesale financial services is essential
- Previous knowledge of risk assessment, compliance monitoring and controls testing would be a benefit
- Knowledge of European and/or US rules and regulations (current and forthcoming)
- Relevant regulatory knowledge including some of the following: COBS, CASS, SYSC, MAR, MiFID II, HMRC ISA Rules, JMLSG would be highly beneficial
- It is essential that you have excellent organisational skills and time management skills
- Strong written skills are a must and this may be tested during the interview process
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity, then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Jack Quaile at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance and Regulatory Compliance mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.