A UK based challenger bank are looking to a Compliance Officer to join their growing team. This is a rounded position covering core compliance and first and second line financial crime. Candidates must come from a similar position within a bank.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Ensure the bank is adhering to all relevant requirements including FATF, JMLSG, EU ML Directives, the sanctions regime, the Bribery Act
- Review the firm's policies and procedures for countering the risk that the firm might be used to further financial crime.
- Support the DMLRO in embedding robust procedures around on-going Transaction Monitoring, KYC On-boarding and Periodic Reviews
- Ongoing monitoring of client transactions including sanctions screening to provide a level of assurance that the financial crime risk to the firm is mitigated.
- Assessment of the effectiveness and robustness of the Anti-Money Laundering control
- Ensure that Anti-Money associated procedures are reviewed annually.
- Keep the bank up to date with the Data Protection policies and procedures
- Ensure that the bank is adhering to compliance monitoring, Incidents and Breaches, Policies and Procedures, DPO Oversight, Audits and FCA requests.
- Understanding of banking and investment principles
- Knowledge of Real Estate Finance and Investment transactions
- Relevant qualifications such as ICA, CAMS or CISI
- General Compliance and MCOB specialism