COMMODITY AND ENERGY COMPANY
This Commodity and Energy Company is a small energy business backed by international investors. They have invested heavily in a number of portfolios and are currently undergoing growth in the electricity sector.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small team and take ownership for Compliance and Governance within the Risk Management function. The role will offer full exposure with great scope to progress your career.
The role is a broad Compliance and Governance position and will play an important role in identifying, assessing and minimising Compliance Risk.
Specifically your responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining a Compliance culture, which conforms to all regulatory requirements
- Prevention, detection and escalation of breach in Compliance policies such as the Trading Compliance Manual, Energy Market Risk Policy and Regulation on Wholesale Energy Market Integrity and Transparency (REMIT) guidance
- The ongoing identification of Compliance Risk including regular and periodic assessments
- Designing and promoting controls which address new Compliance Risks arising from changes to the Energy companies activities or relationships
- The delivery of a Compliance Programme
- Ensuring compliance with relevant local and global regulatory requirements including EMIR, MIFID, REMIT and Market Abuse Regulation (MAR)
- Defining and implementing training programmes
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 5 years or more experience in a Financial Services or an Energy trading regulatory environment
- Regulatory knowledge of EMIR, MiFID II, REMIT and MAR
- Lead compliance related projects
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Marmoy-Haynes, Financial Crime Compliance Recruitment Consultant at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance and Regulatory Compliance mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.