Our client, a leading challenger bank, is looking for a Compliance Officer to join their growing team. This person should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be keen to work for a company who want to provide an alternative to traditional banking.
You should have a strong Compliance Monitoring and Regulatory background with a particular focus on Mortgages and Home Finance.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Conducting compliance monitoring and thematic reviews to ensure the company is compliant with the MCOB rules and regulations
- Analysing the impact of new regulations on the company
- Assisting the bank to ensure it remains compliant when identifying instances of Financial Crime, Fraud, Conflict of Interest etc.
- Be involved in raising compliance awareness across the business and conducting compliance training
- Assisting in ensuring Data Protection policies and procedures are adhered to
- Proven previous experience working in a regulated environment in a compliance generalist position
- Advanced knowledge of Mortgage and Home Finance products
- Demonstrate strong prior regulatory awareness
- Good familiarity with the FCA handbook, in particular MCOBS
- Previous experience liaising with stakeholders and the ability to build longstanding relationships
- A degree of risk awareness surrounding relevant compliance issues
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Hannah Berihun at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance & Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.