You will join a leading European Commercial Bank, based in The City, which has a strong presence globally and a centralised Compliance function in London.
This Bank is a large firm, however by no means a Tier 1 and therefore you will benefit from a less corporate working environment, excellent work-life balance and a highly collegiate Compliance team that will support your professional development.
This is a standalone and autonomous role with responsibility for implementing data protection and privacy controls to meet EU Data Protection Directive and Regulation requirements.
You will be responsible for working with other European teams to coordinate and assist with the implementation of the regulations in London.
You also be responsible for keeping relevant business areas informed of data privacy and relevant regulatory developments, helping to enforce a strong compliance culture.
You will work closely with colleagues from other departments including legal, HR and information security.
This role will involve some travel within Europe.
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- Strong knowledge of the UK Data Protection, EU Data Protection Directive and EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- 5+ years' experience within compliance or legal, GDPR and data protection
- Self-motivated and ability to work well under pressure and results driven
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- General understanding of the current regulatory environment and financial markets and/or securities regulations and rules
- Understanding of Commercial and Retail Banking products
- Able to work independently and effectively within a team environment
- Additional European language skills would be beneficial
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Marmoy-Haynes at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance and Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.