This is a global Investment Bank benefiting from substantial growth across Europe, making it a very exciting and interesting time to join. Headcount has increased significantly over the last 5 years as they continue to take market-share and expand operations into new areas. However, they have taken care to ensure their excellent culture has not been affected; staff satisfaction is something at the top of this Investment Bank's agenda, offering an excellent work life balance, down-to-earth culture and a friendly working environment.
This role is part of the regional Compliance and Financial Crime team with responsibility for leading on Compliance, Financial Crime (AML) and Operational Risk management across Germany. This role will partner with and work closely with other European teams to ensure a robust regulatory function. You will need to build strong relationships with BaFin and act as a trusted advisor for this Bank across multiple lines of business and branches across Germany.
This is an ideal role for someone who wants the opportunity to develop and shape their role, have regular contact with senior stakeholders across the business and region including Legal, Financial Crime, Risk and Compliance and work in an autonomous & varied environment.
Responsibilities may include:
- Provide SME support across Financial Crime (AML), Regulatory Compliance and Operational Risk
- Assess upcoming regulations and the impact on the business including regulatory change & advisory
- Draft new and improve existing policies and procedures
- Create and deliver Compliance training in Germany
- Conduct Compliance monitoring
- Build relationships with other regional Compliance, Financial Crime (AML) and Operational Risk teams
- Advise business heads on regulatory issues and support them with Risk management
- Assist senior management with Compliance and Risk frameworks
- Work with BaFin and senior management to ensure a robust Compliance function
- Ad hoc regulatory project support
- Act as the main point of contact for audit and help present recommendations back to the business and senior management
- Manage a junior member of staff and provide them with training & support
To be considered for this job, you will have the following experience:
- Previous experience working within a Regulatory Compliance and Financial Crime (AML) role is essential
- Previous experience gained working within Wholesale Banking, Asset Management or Financial Services Consultancy is essential
- Experience and understanding of Operational Risk is beneficial
- Previous experience working with EU regulators
- Extensive knowledge of German and EU regulatory requirements
- Ability to liaise with multiple teams in different jurisdictions and build strong relationships
- Strong communication skills with proven stakeholder management skills
- Candidates must be fluent in German and English to be considered for this role
If you feel you have the relevant experience for this newly created opportunity, then please apply to this advert and send your CV to Emily Marmoy-Haynes at Twenty Recruitment.
Twenty Recruitment's Compliance & Governance function are a team of specialist consultants covering Financial Crime Compliance, Regulatory Compliance and Operational Risk mandates, both permanent and temporary, across Financial Services, Technology and Energy.