Twenty are currently retained on a search for a leading pre-series A BioTech Startup. They are looking for a CFO who can support optimally from an investor standpoint. The package is at the sharp end of the business and includes equity.
The successful person must possess a depth of experience in both scaling/growth businesses and the healthcare/pharma/BioTech sectors. This will require an individual with credibility and credentials, someone who can bring in the industry experience with a strong track record.
Of equal importance to the skillset is the interpersonal brief - the ability to work with the founders to build the environment around personal development planning, communication, reflection, and transparency is essential.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Management of the entire finance function including the team, building a best-in-class framework and org design, providing guidance, leadership and development to all employees
- Investor relations – external and internal documentation creation
- Fundraising strategy design and execution, overseeing all investments
- Determine resource allocation to drive ROI managing risk
- Work with the CEO on the planning process
- Oversees all financial statements and management reports
- Developing long and short term budgets, supported by the firms plans and objectives
- Qualified accountant with significant years PQE
- Depth of experience in both scaling/growth businesses and the healthcare/pharma/BioTech sectors
- Fundraising experience in a start-up environment
- Personality that drives personal development planning, communication, reflection, and transparency
- Strong Investor relations background (ideally in the US)
- Experienced being a part of senior management with constant C-level interaction
- Strategic business modelling knowledge
- Understanding of technical accounting, financial reporting and governance