A Cassandra Engineer is responsible for installation, architecture, and operation of our 300 node Cassandra cluster. This role is similar to that of a Database Engineer, but with a specific focus on Cassandra and Big Data.
- The architecture, installation, operation, and tuning of our 300 node Cassandra cluster.
- Working with developers to construct schemas and CQL queries.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design.
- Perform analysis of vast amounts of customer data and uncover insights.
- Maintain security and data privacy.
- Help to lead a POC to collect monitoring data from our 50,000 devices.
- Test prototypes and supervise handover to operational teams.
- Propose best practices/standards.
- Drive projects to completion, collaborating with other teams as needed.
*** you will be working at one of the fastest growing Data companies in the United States, this position will go fast. it's an opportunity of a lifetime.