We are looking add a consultant to a team at a large international bank in midtown Manhattan. They are assisting the bank in homogenizing their various wide ranging policies. The focus is centered around front office activities and Federal Reserve regulations. This a an immediate need. We have considered attorneys with financial services experience in this role. Strong demonstrated writing skills. Writing samples are required.
Role: Capital Markets Policies and Procedures Consultant
Location: New York - Manhattan
Duration: Long term (12+ month)
More information: recruiting for a sharp management consultant with interest in growing their skills working with one of our financial services clients. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a nimble, growing organization that is looking for future leaders. We're looking for ambitious consultants tired of bureaucracy with a desire to work in the financial services industry.
In addition to a track record of success with at least 5 years of financial services experience, the ideal candidate should have proven knowledge helping to deliver policies and procedures within a front office risk and control department.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience working in the investment banking industry
- 4+ years of experience working on the review and/or creation of policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree required; law degree preferred
- Demonstrated expert level knowledge of one or more sets of US regulatory laws and regulations
- Above average written communications skills (writing samples will be required) with the ability to self-edit and produce quality work
- Project management capabilities including the ability to coordinate and lead stakeholder meetings
- Familiarity with project governance and the organization required to deliver policies and procedures working with Front Office subject matter experts and Compliance/Legal staff required
- Task-oriented self-starter that can work well with others to produce joint deliverables
- Passion for the written word -- concise and impactful writing style preferred
- Experience with one or more front office sales and trading projects preferred
- Experience with conduct related US laws and regulations and/or policies and procedures preferred
Competencies & Intangibles:
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and critical thinking and execution skills
- Fresh-thinking, innovative style; creative insights and approaches to solving problems
- Effective leader and results-driven; able to deal with multiple constraints while achieving high-quality results
- Comfortable establishing measurable goals and milestones for self and others; including time frames and priorities; focused on getting things done
- Confidence to operate with credibility at all levels of client organizations, ability to assist or lead in client sales efforts and desire to achieve partner level within the consulting industry
- Desire to work in a growing and nimble consulting firm with less structure and more opportunities for professional achievement and rapid career development
For more information, please contact Benjamin Ellison on 646 766 1212.