A Post Trade and Risk Management client of mine is looking to hire a C++ Developer, initially on a 6 month contracting basis. This role will involve Technical Analysis to an extensive degree as our client is seeking to add new, innovative services to the existing platform. Namely, Deep Dive Analysis and problem solving skills will be key for any prospective candidate wishing to be considered for this role.
- Technical Analysis of detailed Functional Specification/Use Case and Impact Analysis documents.
- Analyse, develop and maintain Securities Clearing Systems.
- Execute deep dive analysis of complex problems.
- Production and maintenance of complex SQL; Scripts, optimization, query plans.
- Strong background in analysis, design, code and test of large scale applications using C++ (not on MS platform), with a relational DB; at least 3 of these in the financial sector.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL (Sybase (V15 onwards) and DB design; at least 2 of these as an SME.
- Experience in scripting would be desirable; Perl and Shell script.
- Experience of Equities desirable
- Other experience: XML, FIX, Clearcase, Sun Solaris, Rational Quantify, JSP, MQ, Rogue-wave, Agile and Waterfall development methodologies.