C# Software Engineer - Trading - London
Key Words: C#/.Net/Developer/Engineer/Programmer/Commodities/Trading/Front Office/WPF/Front End/ASP.Net/GUI/UI/MVC
My client a leading Oil & Gas Trading company is seeking a Front Office C# WPF Developer to join them on a contract basis to aid in the on-going development of a Greenfield application.
This is a greenfield build out of a new application to provide additional tools for the front office for their derivatives business. You will be a full stack C# Developer with particular experience of Front End technologies WPF and ASP.Net.
- Support a business facing development team to deliver new solutions to the International Power, Gas and LNG Front Office
- Work with other developers, Business Analysts and testers as part of the wider team within International Gas and Finance Information Technology and Services.
- Contribute to analysis, design and development of systems, business processes, data and interfaces.
- Develop scalable, reusable components and application frameworks using latest .Net, Java or C++.
- Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and makes recommendations.
- Assist with establishing an effective environment for rapid application development.
- Liaise between technology teams, support teams, other developers, and business units to analyse, review, and develop framework solutions specified by architecture.
- Demonstrate strong motivational and influencing skills.
- Experience of Agile SDLCs, particularly Scrum and Kanban
- Experience working in a team and positive collaboration to achieve a shared goal
- Experience leading a technology team in a high pressure, fast paced industry or business area
- Experience in the latest .NET technologies. WPF, ASP.NET
- Development skills in one or more of C++, Java, .NET
- Good experience of creating a Software Factory i.e. Version control, Continuous integration etc. Preferably Microsoft TFS.
- Application Architecture - can design multi-tiered applications, services. Knows what a good design is not just what a design pattern is. In depth knowledge of Dependency Injection/Inversion of Control and Test Driven
- Development, and clear understanding of modern GUI framework architecture (MVC/MVP/MVVM/MVPVM).
- Evidence of writing Desktop, Web (ASP.NET or Struts) and Service type applications.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Business knowledge of commodity or financial trading
- A basic understanding of financial products (e.g. Options, Futures etc).
- Experience working in commodity or financial markets front or middle office technology team
- Good understanding of programming paradigms such as distributed architectures and multi-threaded programme design.
- Experience of Cloud hosted applications and Platform as a Service (eg Redhat Openshift)
- Familiarity with Excel including macros.
To apply for this excellent opportunity don't hesitate in sending your CV asap to Lauren Davies